If you work on hard job sites such as construction, warehouses, etc., steel to boot can be the right safety wear to protect your feet from injury. Steel caps protect fingers from any major injuries that can result from heavy things, sharp objects, and tripping injuries. Just as steel toe boots offer great protection, they require regular maintenance and proper care to last longer. You can clean steel toe boots based on the boot material and the type of stain.
As we know, it is natural that every pair of shoes you wear will eventually wear out over time. But, if you take proper care of your best safety shoes, it can prolong their life and make your favorite pair last longer. In this article, you will find easy tips on how to wash and maintain your Best-Quality Footwear For Added Comfort.
How To Clean Steel Toe Boots
1. Clean Leather Steel Toe Boots
- First of all, remove the insoles from your safety boots as they require separate slow washing.
- Use a mild detergent to wash the insoles, this will kill germs and odors as most of the odor-causing bacteria live in the insoles.
- Prepare a soap-water solution with a mild shampoo and lukewarm water so that the inside of the shoe is completely clean.
- Add a little water to the shoe to wash the soap-water solution. Clean the outside of the shoe with a lint-free cloth and soap-water solution. Clean the leather fiber by gently moving it with your fingers.
- With the help of a blow dryer, you can dry the inside and outside of the shoe. Once your boots are completely dry with a dryer, keep them in the sun for a while.
- To eliminate the odor, add 2 teaspoons of baking soda to each sock and keep them overnight, this will remove all odors from the shoes and make them completely fresh.
2. Cleaning stained steel toe boots
Clean Grease Stains:
- With the help of a microfiber cloth find the oil in the boot and try to remove as many stains as possible. Do not force it as the fibers can be pulled out of the boot material.
- Sprinkle talcum powder on the greasy-stained area and leave it on overnight.
- Now, rubbing the powder using a microfiber cloth will remove all the remaining stains from the shoes.
Cleaning the water-based dirt stains
- You will need lime juice or tartar cream for this cleaning process.
- Spread some lime juice or tartar cream on the stained area.
- Now apply the powder in a circular motion on the area using a lint-free cloth.
- Take a soft cloth again and rub the lime juice or tartar cream. Now, air dry your shoes so they will be ready.
3. Washing Suede Steel Toe Boots
- Take a special scrub shoe brush and rub it properly on the stained area of the shoes.
- Now apply a few drops of sodium bicarbonate on the stained areas and leave them overnight.
- Clean sodium bicarbonate with a rag, you have completed the stain removal process.
- Place your shoes in the sun to dry completely and then condition them properly.
4. Washing Nubuck Steel Toe Boots
- Wipe off all the dirt from the nubuck shoes with the help of a toothbrush.
- Prepare a soap water solution in a bowl and immerse the cloth in it. now, clean steel toe boots outer part with this cloth.
- Remove the insoles from the boots and clean them separately with a mild soap.
- Clean the inside of the boot with the soap water solution and the rag.
- Give an air-dry to your boots to let them dry completely.
- To make your boots long-lasting and shiny, apply a boot conditioner to the boots. Also, remember to spray the boots for a waterproof coating.
Best way to clean steel toe boots in the washer
As we all know, you can easily clean steel toe boots in the washing machine than all other ways. So, let’s take a look at our easy steps to wash your steel toe boots in the washer.
Read the care label instruction of the boots:
On every type of boots, care label instruction is provided that informs you, is the material machine-washable? If it is machine washable then follow our tips given below. If it is not machine-washable then try the methods mentioned above.
Get ready to put the boots in the washer:
Remove the insoles and laces from the boots to wash them separately and to clean the dirt from the surface of the boot. Rub the boots using a clean rag to wipe all surface dirt. For this, you can also use a soft-bristled toothbrush.
Take the safety measures:
This is the very essential and crucial step for your boots as well as for washing machine as it will save both from damage. To prevent boots from getting scattered inside the machine and hitting hard on the walls of the machine, it is necessary to use a pillowcase or a soft cotton cloth to pack the shoes in it.
Be prepared for machine wash:
You need to adjust the wash settings as per your washing material if you are going to wash boots.
Give a gentle dry to your boots
Take out the wet boots from the washing machine. Now, move your steel to boots upside down so that all water will get drenched from the boots. After this, encase the boots in a dry towel so a towel will absorb all the water from the boots. Give an air-dry to your boots with an Ultra-Fast Hairdryer or keeping them under the fan.
It is very important to take care of the shoes on a daily basis as dirty shoes can have a bad effect on the place where you work every day. Proper care and hygiene can give shoes a long life and stylish look. Just look at the material of your Best Safety Work Boots and then choose the right cleaning solution that suits your shoe type. So, let’s enjoy shoe cleaning on your own!!